Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ready to Quilt

I'm watching the SuperBowl and sandwiching this puppy. I had Ross photograph it. Obviously there have been some design changes. But the basics have remained the same. The title is Paths of Peace.



Here's the preliminary description that I'm using:

This quilt is an interpretation of the Golden Mean. The background is done in browns, greens and blues to represent earth, air, water and plants. The pathway to the center of God's eye is done in hand prints to indicate both travel and working together. The cross is in purple. For me the pathways to happiness lie in some form or other in the journey towards God. I find peace in working with others finding glimpses of His Kingdom. The hands are all different colors to signify racial, sexual, theological and other reconciliation ... the pathways to peace, the journey to God.

No comments: